Hey guys. I’m back again with a new challenge for foxee.
I’m doing a website with property listings.
I need to:
1. Create a new property listing through SAEF.
2. Be able to have the user close their listing if the property is unavailable.
3. Be able to have the user open their property again if it becomes available.
I’ve looked at two ways of doing this.
1. Subscriptions - Use creates a listing (product entry) (which I can handle the extra weblog entry to foxee product sql on my own. Then purchases a monthly subscription for that entry(product).
I know their is a “cancel_subscription” tag, but is their a “renew_subscription” tag as well? So if the property rents, they can pull it offline. If it becomes available later, they just renew the subscription and they’re off.
Billing takes care of itself. I know their is a renew_subscription hook on foxycart, just wanted to see if that’s implemented in FoxEE.
2. Classifieds - was looking at the classifieds addon you guys produce. That also seems like an ideal way.
But again, can I renew a classified entry? Can I “auto-renew” while still open? If they mark closed (rented) can I open it again later (property available)?
Anywho, if you guys need more info, I’ll be happy to oblige. Just curious which way you’d recommend.
Or a whole new direction.