Coupons
Posted: 26 November 2008 04:34 PM   Ignore ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2008-11-13

I’m having a hard time understanding how to use coupons with Foxee since the links are not hard coded as in the examples on the foxycart site. Can you give an example and the process? Do I set up the coupons on the FoxEE end or the Foxycart end? Thanks in advance-

Posted: 28 November 2008 12:29 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1654
Joined  2007-11-23

Hi mike,

Coupons are pretty easy and have really nothing to do with FoxEE other then the coupon entry and discount will show up in your cart through the JSON communication.

Log into your FoxyCart account, create a new coupon following their instructions. all of the coupon settings will be available for the products in the category you select. When a customer goes to add that product to their cart the coupon option will be available. They can then enter the coupon code you provide and the price will be calculated to reflect the type of discount you provided.

One thing I did notice is that in the HCC store the side bar cart didnt show the discounted price, but I believe that is cause during testing I didn’t update the template to display the right info.

Hope this helps

Signature 

Mike

HCC Development

Posted: 29 November 2008 02:33 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2008-11-13

Thanks. I actually did all that but the coupon code doesn’t seem to be available on the checkout page. Is this something I need to add to the template or is it something that needs to be added to the FoxEE tag link?

Posted: 29 November 2008 11:31 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1654
Joined  2007-11-23

It is supposed to show up on the cart template automatically, you shouldn’t have to change any templates.

Signature 

Mike

HCC Development

Posted: 30 November 2008 12:39 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2008-11-13

Thanks for the update. It seems to be working fine now. There must be some sort of time lag between creating the coupon and the cart functionality.

Join our Mailing List