Access Denied to Downloadable
Posted: 10 February 2012 01:41 PM   Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-12-02

After purchasing a few downloadable items, our customers are only able to download a maximum of 2. After 2 have been downloaded, it won’t allow them to download any more, nor the ones that they already successfully downloaded.

The error being thrown is: “Access Denied to Downloadable”

- The download limit for all items is set to 3
- We’ve tested this ourselves, buying 4 items at a time and then only being able to download 2. Once 2 downloads have been triggered, all remaining attempts yield the same error.
- Have tried this with new customer accounts and old
- Have tried resetting browser completely to ensure cookies/caches/sessions aren’t the culprit

Have only been able to find one other thread with this similar error and it was for a much older version of Foxee.

Any ideas here? Thanks in advance!

Posted: 10 February 2012 04:10 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1654
Joined  2007-11-23

Hi Bryan,

Couple questions,

What build are you using?
If you change the download limit, does the number it errors on change accordingly?
Are all of your products limited to 3 downloads, meaning do some have restrictions and some don’t?

I have not run into this before, but not that many people are using the limit feature. We are currently working on a new build of Foxee so if you can help me troubleshoot this we can make sure that if its a bug it gets fixed in the next update.

Signature 

Mike

HCC Development

Posted: 10 February 2012 04:29 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Joined  2008-12-02

Thanks Mike!

We are using build: 1.10.60.038. This is the Reiki site we’ve discussed before. Got 4 separate shops (with 4 separate foxy cart accounts) successfully working and providing 4 different feeds to foxy cart. Order processing after taking your advice and rebuilding on a better subdomain strategy works very well.

I just removed the download limits (they are reporting “0” when I go back to double-check them) but still, unable to download anything after 2. I’ve been able to confirm this isn’t working on our templates, or the foxyee test template…so I don’t think it’s a template code thing.

lemme know what u think.

Posted: 10 February 2012 04:35 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

If your testing the previous purchases then it will hold the download setting, try making new purchases without the limits.

The MSM factor is interesting to me and may be the cause of the error. If you purchase form only one store do you still get a error?

Signature 

Mike

HCC Development

Posted: 10 February 2012 04:40 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Joined  2008-12-02

I’ve only been testing in the North America store but my results match what we’ve heard from customers in all 4 of them.

Because we only use paypal in the US, and I only have 1 paypal account, I use the same user every time I purchase. Can a user RE-purchase downloadables a 2nd time? If so, I’ll give it a go, as I’ve already now purchased all of them during testing.

Posted: 10 February 2012 04:45 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

Yeah, there are no blocks on purchases so you should be able to. Although to accurately test its best use a new account.

Signature 

Mike

HCC Development

Posted: 13 February 2012 11:32 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Joined  2008-12-02

Will try this today and get back to you. thanks.

Posted: 21 March 2012 02:05 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Joined  2008-12-02

Sorry for the delay. Paypal insists on being linked to a checking account, so setting up a fresh account with them took a bit longer than I expected as I only manage 1 checking.

So, set out with a new Paypal account and purchased 2 downloadables from our site.

After downloading the 1st product 2 times it gave me an error that I am not authorized when I tried to download it a 3rd time.

I received the same error on my first attempt to download the 2nd product.

I purchased another product in a separate transaction and it wouldn’t let me download it at all.

It’s as if there’s a global download limit/account set at “2”. Once you’ve downloaded twice from the site, you can’t download anything else.

‹‹ State of Foxee?      Paypal link ››

Join our Mailing List