Storing expiration dates, next transaction dates in exp_foxee_order_detail
Posted: 08 February 2011 02:22 PM   Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2011-01-25

The exp_foxee_order_detail table has columns for subscription_enddate and next_transaction_date, but these fields are not being populated. Dates are stored in exp_foxee_active_subscriptions and exp_foxee_orders, but not here.

We’re doing some custom work to enable folks to purchase multiple subscriptions, and we need to have date information associated with each item purchased, rather than the overall order. These are stored in active_subscriptions, but those are purged on expiration or renewal, and we need to archive these dates.

Are these dates supposed to store in the order_detail table?

Thanks!

Posted: 09 February 2011 04:22 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2008-04-21

Dates are only stored in the orders table. This is because of the way FC handles it’s subscriptions. Only one subscription purchase is allowed to pass through an order at a time.  They send those dates in the datafeed on the order record and not in the products records of the order.  So if you want to read original dates you need to look for them in the orders table.

Posted: 14 February 2011 03:30 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Joined  2011-01-25

So an additional question:

We’re building a custom interface that will allow our client to make adjustments to the dates associated with a subscription (expiration dates, etc.) so that (for example) they can give their users a bonus month if they’ve had service problems, etc.

I know that updates to member data are communicated to FoxyCart so that they are updated there—if we make changes to the active subscriptions table, will those date changes communicate to FoxyCart? Or do we need to update the orders table? or do we need to write additional code to ping FoxyCart with these changes?

Thanks!

Posted: 14 February 2011 05:23 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2008-04-21

if we make changes to the active subscriptions table, will those date changes communicate to FoxyCart?

First, it is the active subscription dates that really matter so you would only _need_ to change the active_subscription table. Also, just editing the DB won’t send anything to FoxyCart.

Or do we need to update the orders table?

You don’t need to change the order record and I wouldn’t recommend changing it so you keep that original record.

or do we need to write additional code to ping FoxyCart with these changes?

In FoxyCart 060 there is no ability to modify subscriptions once purchased. That doesn’t mean what you want to do won’t work.  The issue that could arise here is your subscriptions won’t expire when they should because the FoxyCart subscription datafeed is not triggered on the correct date. To get around that you would need to setup a cronjob (scheduled event) to trigger the subscription processor. I can post an example commandline curl request shortly.

Posted: 28 February 2011 09:01 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Joined  2011-01-25

Okay, so we’re planning to go ahead and just make updates in FoxyCart on the occasions where we make manual changes to subscription end dates.

I do have a question about the relationship between the dates stored in exp_foxee_active_subscriptions, exp_foxee_orders, and in FoxyCart.

As I understand it, FoxyCart 060 has no provision for non-auto-renewing subscriptions. We (FoxEE) works around this by setting an end date on the same date as the next transaction date; thus the subscription ends before the next transaction is processed.

Auto-renewing subscriptions are stored with an end date of 00000 both in exp_foxee_orders and in FoxyCart.

However, auto-renewing subscriptions do have an end date stored in the “expire” field in exp_foxee_active_subscriptions.

Here’s my (general) question: When those subscriptions auto-renew, is this a new order? is a new row added both to exp_foxee_orders and exp_foxee_active_subscriptions? Or is the old row in exp_foxee_active_subscriptions updated with new dates?

We want to make sure that the information our client sees in our control panel, in FoxEE, and in FoxyCart is all congruent, and we’re not certain which table to use as the definitive source.

Thanks!

Posted: 15 March 2011 05:31 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Joined  2011-01-25

Just checking back in to see if you have an answer to the question above—and also, I have an additional question following up on our earlier discussion:

We can edit end dates and next transaction dates in FoxyCart 060. If we do so, will this information be sent over to FoxEE via the API? Or is that communication limited to member data and transactions?

Thanks!

Posted: 15 March 2011 05:44 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1654
Joined  2007-11-23

Hi Eva,

The recurring sub will also show as a new order in the orders table to show a new transaction has occurred on the particular date.

For your followup question the answer is im not sure. I pretty sure the api will not update Foxee until the next time the sub feed runs. (twice a day) so it wouldn’t be instant.

Signature 

Mike

HCC Development

Posted: 15 March 2011 07:44 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Joined  2011-01-25

Mike, can I trouble you to expand on your answer?

1) Is a new row also added to exp_foxee_active_subscriptions, or is the old row updated, when a subscription recurs?

2) So any subscription information updated in FoxyCart is sent to FoxEE/EE when the sub feed runs? Is the subscription information updated in exp_foxee_active_subscriptions only? In any other locations?

Posted: 16 March 2011 10:57 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Rank
Joined  2011-01-25

And an additional question:

Do the emails use the information in the exp_foxee_active_subscriptions table (for next transaction date, etc.)?

Posted: 17 March 2011 02:07 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1654
Joined  2007-11-23

Eva, can you call me on this. I think it would be easier to discuss over the phone, I know you have some special actions going on.

Signature 

Mike

HCC Development

Join our Mailing List